Downloading Software from the World Wide Web
You can download software and files from the World Wide Web using your browser by following these instructions:
Note: While you're downloading free files at Shareware.com or a similar site, download a program for decompressing, or "unzipping" files. You'll need it, because many of the files you'll download are "zipped," which means they're compressed to a smaller size so they're easier to transfer over the Internet. You can tell a file has been zipped if its filename ends with the .ZIP extension.
- Use your browser to reach the Internet site with the file(s) to be downloaded.
- Click the link for the file you wish to download and the Save As dialog box appears.
- Using the Save As dialog box main window, specify the folder in which to save the file and click Save.
- The Saving Location dialog box appears, displaying the estimated time remaining before the download is completed.
- You are ready to install the software!